Friday, April 9, 2010

What is the Number one Thing you Dread?

All right all of you entrepreneurs, I want to know what you dread about working for yourself, and what you do to overcome it. So often, I think, we try to beat back the things we hate about being an entrepreneur. Of course it is good to stay positive. But focusing on the unpleasant stuff, IN STAGES, allows us to get better in the areas we don't shine as bright in.

For me, public speaking is still an up hill battle. However, I am forcing myself to deal with it by signing myself up for small speaking engagements - even when every fiber of my being is telling me to haul a** and get away from the committment. But the only way I will get better about speaking in front of a large audience is by staring at the problem head-on. I've thought about passing the buck to someone else, but, in the end, I would only be treading water on the issue. So, I want to hear from you entreprenuers. What is the number one thing you dread, and what are you doing to work on it?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lioness,

    Great looking blog! While I love public speaking and delivering presentations in written form, I dread calling executives that I don't know to pitch ideas or to follow up about previously pitched ideas. This is something I am working to overcome, and in 2010 I will become better at doing this.

    Maybe I will practice some next week!

    Best Regards,
    Carolyn Gray (The Skinny Jean Queen)
    www.secretsofaskinnyjeanqueen.com
    www.carolyngrayinternational.com
    http://www.facebook.com/Carolyn.E.Gray

    ReplyDelete