Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Stress Before, Relief After

This weekend was incredibly hectic for me. I was preparing a Power Point Presentation to be played at an event for Gov. Deval Patrick at Massachusetts Latino Chamber of Commerce and finishing an article for Western Mass Women’s Magazine. In order to get all of this done for an event that was TWO DAYS away, I buried my head into my laptop and typed until my fingertips were sore.


I wanted to make sure the presentation was excellent because this was the first event The Lioness Group had done on a larger scale. I was up, literally, past 5 a.m. on Saturday, the day before the event. I got about two hours sleep before I was up and back to the grind of finishing up the presentation, making corrections and working on the article. By mid-afternoon I was a crabby, irritable, ball of tension, which is VERY, VERY rare for my sunny self.

Nevertheless, I got it done and went into Sunday praying that everything would go OK. I was worried that the turnout would be small. What if the governor didn’t show after all? However, the event turned out to be better than I planned. Over 250 people in attendance, food, video and even WWLP and CBS 3 showed up. The Governor showed and talked to the people, answering their questions and promising to follow-up on certain issues.

I stood in the rear of the room flooded with relief - tension easing from my shoulders with each new face and dignitary that entered the room. Faith and hard work go such a long, long way. On those days when you don’t want to do ANOTHER thing, do it anyway. You’ll be grateful that you did.

Check out a news clip of the event here: http://www.cbs3springfield.com/news/local/91436184.html.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. Keep up the good work. I really appreciate this sharing this. Nice and informative article.

    ReplyDelete