Monday, July 19, 2010

Build Relationships, Build Your Business

Building relationships is a major part of success and longevity when it comes to business. This weekend I had a business lunch with someone I was introduced to last year. Our initial meeting was brief and pleasant. We had a mutual acquaintance and over a Happy Hour cocktail, we simply shook hands and other than light conversation and a note of what we each did for a living, there was no other business discussed.


Flash forward to July 2010. Another mutual acquaintance in passing conversation mentions The Lioness Group and what we do and low and behold it is services they need. She also remembered meeting me on that cold winter night. I was glad to receive the referral (as most of my business is) and a quick game of phone tag later, we were finally face to face munching and chitchatting about their public relations needs.

This is why building relationships is so important. We never know where potential business will come from. Always be on your A game. Be courteous, pleasant and maintain a clean track record. People should be proud to be associated with you. It’s not just about getting referred; it’s about being REFERRABLE.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing valuable information and I hope it will work beneficial for other member as me...

    ReplyDelete